2012 Sustainability Summit
Tuesday, April 3rd
As part of the Chapter’s ongoing, collaborative effort to bring sustainable event production into the industry mainstream, ISES NY Metro will be holding its second annual Sustainability Summit on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at the Rubin Museum of Art. We are thrilled to invite you to be a part it!
CHANGING THE INDUSTRY:
Building upon the success of last year’s inaugural program, our team will again solicit the participation of a broad variety of constituencies to learn about, listen to, and engage with the latest sustainability standards and practices through a comprehensive evening of workshops, panel discussions, interactive social media and networking. The event will focus on providing participants with a range of useful tips, trends, and resources in sustainable event planning, as well as showcasing sponsors and our host venue via the broadest possible outreach.
If last year is any indication, the 2012 Sustainability Summit will only be as strong as our team. Who better than our members to help us prepare for this crucial annual event? We’re currently building a steering committee and are seeking assistance in the following areas:
· Sponsorship Relations
· Education Development and Coordination
· Volunteer Coordination and additional Day-of Volunteers
· Speaker Liaison
· Social Spaces Coordination
MEETING SCHEDULE – JANUARY through MARCH, 2012:
In addition to smaller, TBD meetings to accommodate communication between individuals, we’ve created a schedule for full meetings, beginning in January, 2012:
- 1/10/12 – 2/21/12: The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet bi-weekly every Tuesday, beginning January 10, 2012 through February 21, 2012
- 3/6/12 – 4/3/12: The Steering Committee is schedule to meet every Tuesday, beginning March 6, 2012 through March, 27 2012, with the event itself scheduled for the following Tuesday, April 3, 2012.
www.drurydesign.com | twitter @jtdrury