Event BOOT CAMP & State of the INDUSTRY to be held on March 28th 2013!
ISES NY Metro is proud to present our first ever double-header event, featuring education for professionals of ALL levels!
We kick off the day with EVENT BOOT CAMP, an intensive education in the fundamentals of event production geared toward emerging professionals.
Then it’s on to our evening program — 2013 EVENT INDUSTRY STATE OF THE UNION – a panel discussion led by top industry professionals discussing the current climate of our industry.
- Past Presidents in Action! Both programs will be led by NY Metro past presidents, who are – coincidentally – some of today’s most well respected industry leaders. They bring years of knowledge, experience and insider tips to the table, helping you to navigate our ever-changing industry.
- Education for All! Emerging professionals will cut their teeth on intensive production classes during the day, while our vets will get a chance to gather key insights and the latest wisdom during our must-see evening panel. And, of course, the conversation continues during our networking event later that night with chapter members, industry leaders and our fantastic sponsors.
- Read All About It! Visit Event Boot Camp and 2013 Event Industry State of the Union for more program info, and be sure to meet our workshop leaders, panelists and sponsors.
- Observing the holiday? We are happily providing Passover-friendly food!
SEATS ARE LIMITED for our Event Boot Camp program! Be sure to sign up now!
The information below is ALSO on our Registration site.
Attention executive level event professionals:
Don’t forget about your “rookie” employees!
They are the future of your company;
Invest in their education from the roots up!
Learn the fundamentals of special events from the industry’s top professionals.
Through a series of nine workshops, the ISES NY Metro Past Presidents will lead you through the progressive steps of producing a cutting-edge event. This intensive, intimate learning experience will provide insight and well-rounded knowledge of the many components of an event.
The education continues past the workshops. Enjoy a private networking session with our workshop leaders before joining the rest of the ISES NY Metro Chapter for our evening program – 2013 Events Industry State of the Union. A panel discussion led by BizBash President, Richard Aaron, discussing the current climate of the event industry.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Boot Camp
- Work directly with the industry’s top professionals (who just happen to be our chapter’s past presidents!)
- Learn more about your vendors’ services – don’t just hire them, understand them.
- Only 30 emerging professionals will get this rare opportunity, and you will want to be one of them!
- Be part of a private networking session with the Workshop leaders.
- Network with amazing ISES members and learn about the State of the Industry at the night event.
Who Should Attend Boot Camp?
- Recent College Graduates looking to start their career in events
- Emerging professionals with less than 3 years of experience in the event industry
- Professionals looking to make a career change into the events industry
Keynote: Vision & Inspiration in Shaping the Event Experience
Richard Aaron, CMP, CSEP, BizBash Media
RFP’s & Contracts
Liz Glover Wilson, CMP, CSEP, Elizabeth Rose Consulting, LLC
Kevin White, CSEP, XPL
Creating Production Schedules & Run of Show
Jennifer Claire Scott, Empire Force Events
Lighting & Staging
Van Rice Allen, Bestek Lighting & Staging
Beautiful, Fabulous & SAFE!
Jane T. White, CSEP, Virginia Beach Convention Center
How To Produce A Successful Benefit Gala
Brian Winthrop, CMP, CSEP, Big Wave Event Production, LLC
*Class titles and leaders subject to change
|2013 Event Industry State of the Union|
- Is your phone ringing again?
- Are clients spending more?
- Are the “little something extras” coming back?
Join us for a PANEL discussion led by top industry professionals who will address the current climate of the event industry and what’s to come. This program will provide you with the education to stay one foot ahead of the client!And don’ forget the NETWORKING! You’ve spoken and we heard; networking is a primary desire for our association and we are happy to provide it for you. This program will leave plenty of time for you to mix, mingle and network with your colleagues. Panelists and all past presidents will be joining us for this networking portion of this event, so take advantage! MEET THE PANELModerator: Richard Aaron, CMP, CSEP, BizBash MediaComments ( 12 )