- Join or Renew NOW! New members get 14 months for 12 and save $50! Our esteemed members….time to REJOIN!
- May 14th Tuesday -MAY Monthly Meeting REGISTER HERE!
- Annual general Meeting – For MEMBERS only!
- Networking and Floral Workshop!
- Food and DRINK
- All at the Ganseveoort PARK!
- Submit your BEST EVENTS to the Big Apple Awards
- You can’t win if you don’t ENTER
- ENTER NOW!!!!!
- June 13 – Thursday Big Apple Awards is going to be Off the HOOK!
- The Liberty Warehouse in Red Hook Brooklyn!
- The NY Water Taxi transports us!
- Meet the 2013 Honorees
- See what projects are awarded the coveted Big Apple!
- The REC – Regional Education Conference!Northeast!
- http://www.isesrec.com/ June 2-4 in DC area
- For the Northeast! – Learn from the best in events
- ISES Live! https://www.facebook.com/ISESLive August 22-24
1. Great new format
2. ISES yearly INTERNATIONAL Event – Reinvented!
The first ISES NY Metro Event Boot Camp was a success! Thirty “soldiers” arrived at the Sofitel NY to hear and see 9 past presidents from the chapter discuss different aspects of the Events Industry. Topics included an Industry Overview, Contracts and RFP’s, and Design and Décor. One thing that was stated over and over again was LISTEN to your client and always take their needs into consideration when developing and pitching your ideas and plan.
Before the evening State of the UNION program, the Boot Camp group got time to interact with the instructors. Other event professionals arrived to continue in on the networking. At our Event Industry State of the Union, lead by Bizbash’ own president Richard Aaron in conjunction with a panel of Liz Glover Wilson, Elizabeth Rose Consulting, Van Allen Rice, CSEP, Bestek Lighting & Staging, Jane T. White, CSEP, Virginia Beach Convention Center, Kevin White, CSEP, XPL
Here are some of the ideas covered as heard through our Twitter feed:
• How is the events world changing? Increasing sustainability, green technology (esp in fundraising), LED lighting, mobile technology #ises
• Sustainability. it is changing our industry. Good business – who is sustainable out there? Knowledge is power!
• @2xpl “outside of agriculture…venues are the greatest contributors to greenhouse gases” #isesnyc #event industry State of the Union
• Finding a “bigger family” and “lifelong friendships” with #isesnyc State of the Union http://t.co/cM8PLX8AEF
• Social Media is creating a new breed of event producer / event marketing / activation says Van Allen Rice. #ises #isesnyc
• Event architects have to continue to be more marketing and social media oriented in their work. Almost experts. #eventprofs #ises
• Data, the new frontier! #eventprofs #events #ises says Kevin White #sotu state of the union
• @neumansnyc President of isesnyc welcomes #ISES NY Metro Chapter & says “get involved!” http://t.co/T4VFbRmSnl
• Events tied to development have to be very careful of messaging. Concern about stakeholders, funders, and donors. #eventprofs #ises
• Event planners are becoming more like event architects – the roles and demands have significantly changed and increased. #eventprofs
Thank you for your tweets:
Comments ( 0 )
On January 8th ISES NY Metro met at Chelsea Piers – Sunset Terrace to talk STRESS! And how to learn to DEAL with it!
We were privileged to hear from a panel of professionals that all deal with STRESS from different angles, YOGA teacher deluxe, Elena Brower, owner of VIRAYOGA; NUTRITIONIST, Samantha Rigoli from the Healthy to the Core; and PSYCOLOGIST, Doctor Karen, Karen Binder-Brynes Ph.D! ISES NY Metro’s own president Paul Neuman from Neuman’s Kitchen moderated the panel!
READ all about it below!
Sequence Events – Faye Rausch – TAKE A DEEP BREATH…then read
Pink Deb – Debra Roth – Event Pro’s Manage Stress!
Jessica Dillon – @JADillon22 – read the live tweets from the event below!
• Feel the wholeness of your experiences – even embarrassment, who or what you can’t forgive. Meditate for 5 minutes/day
• Breathing is a gift. More oxygen creates an inhospitable environment for disease
• “You take care of who you are in that moment and be an example, everyone will fall into place beautifully”
• Clarity, directionality, elegance, purpose comes from all of us meditating for five minutes each day. We all impact each other
• You don’t have to go to the mountaintop to meditate. Take five minutes a day
• Healthy fats (avocados, nuts) sustain you through a long event. Start off with a good breakfast – high fat and fiber filled foods
• “It takes time, money, thought, prep – it’s an investment to not grab fast food. Fast food is not an option for me”
• Don’t obsess about numbers as long as you’re getting an appropriate balance throughout the day
• We become over-adrenalized when we are stressed. Over-adrenaline will always overtake our ability to think
• Asking for help is so therapeutic and helpful. Go to someone you trust and ask. Acknowledging you’re overwhelmed is a relief
• “Walking away from a situation even for a second if you can is so important”
• Recognize how you react to stress and get to know yourself so you know what to do to react. You’ve got to breatheComments ( 1 )
Join your friends at ISES NY Metro for an evening of relaxation tips and tricks, straight from the mouths of stress management experts. They’ll discuss everything from prevention and mitigation, to what foods can help you and your team reduce stress level on game day.
- Dr. Karen Binder-Brynes, Psychologist
- Elena Brower, Founder of Virayoga
- Samantha Rigoli, Nutritionist
Comments ( 0 )